TIGER Select handheld benzene detector
Benzene & Total Aromatic Compound (TAC) detection in one instrument
The Tiger Select is a revolutionary hand-held gas detector for the rapid, accurate detection of benzene and Total Aromatic Compounds (TACs).
Utilising the high output Ion Science 10.0 eV detection system, a reading for TACs is seen immediately on start-up. Should aromatics be detected, a benzene pre-filter tube can be easily attached to ensure fast detection and selective measurement of benzene.
Throughout the measurement process, Tiger Select continues to display real-time data, ensuring the final reading represents the full value of actual benzene present. Benzene concentrations are displayed down to parts-per-billion (ppb) levels, giving you accurate, reliable data you can count on.
Tiger Select is capable of providing 15-minute short-term exposure limits (STELs) and 8-hour time-weighted averages (TWAs) for total aromatic compounds (TACs). A 10.6 eV lamp can easily be installed for the detection of a wide range of VOCs.
In addition, the unique Ion Science PID sensor incorporates both humidity resistant technology and anti-contamination design for extended operation in difficult working environments.
The Tiger Select benzene and total aromatic compound detector can also be used in standard Tiger operational mode without the use of a benzene pre-filter tube to deliver active indications of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including benzene, at concentrations as low as 1 ppb benzene equivalent.
See our range of leading VOC detectors:
- Corvus fixed IAQ monitor
- Cub personal VOC detector
- Cub TAC personal benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Falco fixed VOC detector
- Tiger LT handheld VOC detector
- Tiger handheld VOC detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Titan fixed benzene detector
- TVOC fixed PID detector
- MiniPID 2 VOC sensor
Best proven photoionisation (PID) detection
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Unrivalled sensitivity detects down to ppb levels
- Selectively detects benzene with pre-filter tube
- Continuous readings shown as max level reached
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Ready to use instantly with no complicated set-up
- Large battery capacity gives several days of use
- Fast charge capability gets you up and running quickly
- Simple icon driven menu requires no user training
- Fastest data download via true USB connection
- Easily upgrade your instrument via the web 24/7
Ease of use
- Self-explanatory software and calibration routine
- Easy change sensor, electrode stack and lamps
- Large user-friendly keypad
- Simple, one-handed operation
Low cost operation
- Inexpensive parts and consumables
- Five year warranty when instrument registered online
Ion Science provides a range of Tiger Select kits to suit your requirements, along with an exclusive range of accessories. Further details can be found below. For more information and prices contact Ion Science or your local Distributor.
TIGER Select Kit (part no. PTXSLBME-0512):
- Tiger Select instrument
- Rechargeable battery (Li-ion)*
- Battery charger and mains adaptor*
- Rubber boot
- Explorer case
- USB memory stick
- Benzene pre-filter tubes
- Tiger Select manual
- Tiger Select Quick Start Guide
- Benzene pre-filter tube opener
- Carbon filter assembly
- PTFE filter discs
- Removable tool for MiniPID stack
- Sample cleaning compound
- Calibration adaptor
- Sensor seal – coated
*Only included with the rechargeable Tiger Select
Product downloads – Ion Science
Brochures, Manual, Quick Start Guides, Software etc.
|Resolution||10 ppb benzene|
|Maximum Reading||0 to 200 ppm benzene in tube mode, 0 to 20,000 ppm in TAC mode (gas dependent)|
|Response Time||T90 < 2 seconds|
|Accuracy||± 10% display reading ± one digit benzene|
|Linearity||± 5% to 40 ppm benzene|
120 seconds. Progressive indication of benzene breakthrough is displayed in real time
|Intrinsically Safe Approvals||II1GExiaIICT4Ga|
Tamb = – 15 0C ≤Ta ≤+45 0C (with alkaline battery pack) ITS09ATEX26890X IECEx ITS 10.0036X
3193491 conforms to UL Std. 913, 61010-1 &
Certified to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 No. 61010-1
|Battery Life||Li-ion: life up to 24 hours, charge time 6.5 hours|
Alkaline: 3 x AA, typically 8.5 hours life
|PID Lamps||Kr PID lamp with 10.0 eV filter pellet|
|Data Logging||> 120,000 data log points including date and time stamp|
|Communication||Direct USB 1.1|
|Calibration||2 and 3 point calibration (via calibration kit accessory)|
|Alarm||Flashing LED’s Amber (low alarm) Red (high alarm) Sounder 95 dBA at 300mm (12”) Vibration on alarm Pre-programmed TWA and STEL*|
|Flow Rate||220 ml/min (150 cc/min flow alarm)|
|Temperature||Operating: -20 to 60 0C, -4 to 140 0F (non Intrinsically Safe)|
Humidity: 0-99% RH (non condensing)
|Protection||Designed to IP65 (heavy rain)|
EMC tested to EN61326-1:2006, EN50270:2006 & CFR 47:2008 Class A
|Weight & Dimensions||Instrument (probe fitted,no tube attached) Length:465xHeight:89xDepth:61 mm (18.3×3.5×2.4”) Standardcase Packed weight: 5kg (176oz)|
Note: PhoCheck is a US registered trademark, no. 2880994, and UK registered trademark, no. 2212457. Fence Electrode Technology is produced by Ion Science Ltd, and protected by U.S. Patent No. 7,046,012.. EP 1474681, other patents pending.
Video Support – Tiger Select handheld benzene detector
Tiger Select handheld benzene detector
If you would like a member of our team to discuss your needs and questions relating to this product, please click the enquire button below now.
If you already have this instrument and have a technical enquiry, please call us on the number below.